Friday, January 22, 2010

Greatest Compliment!

I love what I do for a living. Weddings are a happy and stressful time in a couple’s life and I like to think that what wedding planners do is make this a more enjoyable and less stressful time. The goal of every wedding should be (besides the obvious) to be happy be able to look back and remember a joyous time, not a time of insane stress. By hiring a wedding planner couples should be able to take the time to have moments that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Bright Spot Events had a wedding on January 9th of this year at Maggiano’s Restaurant. I’ll have a post up soon with photos and details about their special day but I wanted to share something that I think epitomizes the goal of what every planner should strive for. Nicole and Jason’s wedding was an afternoon wedding, finishing around 430 in the evening when they were then whisked off to the Four Season’s Hotel in downtown Houston. Around 800 that evening I receive a text message from Nicole that I will always remember. The text message was

“Ok, so I know it’s my honeymoon but I just had to send you a message and tell you that you did an amazing job today – it was the best day of my life! Thank you for all of your help!”

When I saw this message I knew that my entire goal was achieved… to make this a day to remember for Nicole and Jason. Check back for some great pictures of their wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment